Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine and Gregory N. Price, “Generalized D-Forms Have No Spurious Creases”, Discrete & Computational Geometry, volume 43, number 1, 2009, pages 179–186.
A convex surface that is flat everywhere but on finitely many smooth curves
(or seams) and points is a seam form. We show that the only
creases through the flat components of a seam form are either between vertices
or tangent to the seams. As corollaries we resolve open problems about certain
special seam forms: the flat components of a D-form have no creases at all,
and the flat component of a pita-form has at most one crease, between the
- This paper is also available from SpringerLink.
- Copyright held by the authors.
- The paper is available in PostScript (325k), gzipped PostScript (145k), and PDF (179k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated April 15, 2018 by