Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Michael A. Bender, Richard Cole, Erik D. Demaine, Martin Farach-Colton, and Jack Zito, “Two Simplified Algorithms for Maintaining Order in a List”, in Proceedings of the 10th Annual European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA 2002), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 2461, Rome, Italy, September 17–21, 2002, pages 152–164.
In the Order-Maintenance Problem, the objective is to maintain a
total order subject to insertions, deletions, and precedence queries.
Known optimal solutions, due to Dietz and Sleator, are complicated.
We present new algorithms that match the bounds of Dietz and Sleator.
Our solutions are simple, and we present experimental evidence that
suggests that they are superior in practice.
- This paper is also available from the electronic LNCS volume as http://link.springer.de/link/service/series/0558/papers/2461/24610152.pdf.
- The paper is \copyright Springer-Verlag.
- The paper is 12 pages.
- The paper is available in PostScript (200k), gzipped PostScript (68k), and PDF (147k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated July 7, 2020 by