Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Joshua Ani, Josh Brunner, Erik D. Demaine, Martin L. Demaine, Dylan Hendrickson, Victor Luo, and Rachana Madhukara, “Orthogonal Fold & Cut”, Thai Journal of Mathematics, to appear.
We characterize the cut patterns that can be produced by “orthogonal
fold & cut”: folding an axis-aligned rectangular sheet of paper
along horizontal and vertical creases, and then making a single straight cut
(at any angle). Along the way, we solve a handful of related problems:
orthogonal fold & punch, 1D fold & cut, signed 1D fold & cut, and
1D interval fold & cut.
- This paper is also available as arXiv:2202.01293.
- The paper is available in PDF (670k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- OrthoFoldCut_TJCDCGGG2021 (Orthogonal Fold & Cut)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated June 1, 2023 by