Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine, John Iacono, and Stefan Langerman, “Grid Vertex-Unfolding Orthostacks”, in Revised Selected Papers from the Japan Conference on Discrete and Computational Geometry (JCDCG 2004), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 3742, Tokyo, Japan, October 8–11, 2004, pages 76–82.
An algorithm was presented in  for unfolding orthostacks into one piece
without overlap by using arbitrary cuts along the surface. It was conjectured
that orthostacks could be unfolded using cuts that lie in a plane orthogonal to
a coordinate axis and containing a vertex of the orthostack. We prove the
existence of a vertex-unfolding using only such cuts.
- This paper is also available from SpringerLink.
- Copyright held by the authors.
- The paper is 7 pages.
- The paper is available in PostScript (263k), gzipped PostScript (111k), and PDF (133k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated August 3, 2020 by