Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine, Satyan L. Devadoss, Joseph S. B. Mitchell, and Joseph O'Rourke, “Continuous Foldability of Polygonal Paper”, in Proceedings of the 16th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG 2004), Montréal, Québec, Canada, August 9–11, 2004, pages 64–67.
We prove that any given well-behaved folded state of a piece
of paper can be reached via a continuous folding process
starting from the unfolded paper and ending with the folded state.
The argument is an extension of that originally presented in [DM01].
- This paper is also available from the electronic proceedings as http://www.cs.concordia.ca/cccg/papers/55.pdf.
- The paper is 4 pages.
- The paper is available in PostScript (4203k), gzipped PostScript (2202k), and PDF (403k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- PaperReachability_CCCG2001 (Reaching Folded States of a Rectangular Piece of Paper)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated July 7, 2020 by