Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Jeffrey Bosboom, Erik D. Demaine, Martin L. Demaine, Adam Hesterberg, Roderick Kimball, and Justin Kopinsky, “Path Puzzles: Discrete Tomography with a Path Constraint is Hard”, Graphs and Combinatorics, to appear.
We prove that path puzzles with complete row and column information—or
equivalently, 2D orthogonal discrete tomography with Hamiltonicity
constraint—are strongly NP-complete, ASP-complete, and #P-complete.
Along the way, we newly establish ASP-completeness and #P-completeness for
3-Dimensional Matching and Numerical 3-Dimensional Matching.
- This paper is available as arXiv:1803.01176.
- The paper is 16 pages.
- The paper is available in PDF (716k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- PathPuzzles_JCDCGGG2017 (Path Puzzles: Discrete Tomography with a Path Constraint is Hard)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated June 27, 2019 by