Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Zachary Abel, Erik D. Demaine, Martin L. Demaine, Takashi Horiyama, and Ryuhei Uehara, “Computational Complexity of Piano-Hinged Dissections”, in Abstracts from the 29th European Workshop on Computational Geometry (EuroCG 2013), Braunschweig, Germany, March 17–20, 2013, pages 147–150.
We prove NP-completeness of deciding whether a given loop of colored right
isosceles triangles, hinged together at edges, can be folded into a specified
rectangular three-color pattern. By contrast, the same problem becomes
polynomially solvable with one color or when the target shape is a tree-shaped
- This abstract is also available from JAIST DSPACE.
- The abstract is 4 pages.
- The abstract is available in PDF (1208k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- PianoHinged_IEICE (Computational Complexity of Piano-Hinged Dissections)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated July 7, 2020 by