Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine, David Eppstein, Jeff Erickson, George W. Hart, and Joseph O'Rourke, “Vertex-Unfoldings of Simplicial Polyhedra”, Technical Report 071, Smith College, July 2001.
We present two algorithms for unfolding the surface of any polyhedron,
all of whose faces are triangles, to a nonoverlapping, connected planar
layout. The surface is cut only along polyhedron edges. The layout is
connected, but it may have a disconnected interior: the triangles are
connected at vertices, but not necessarily joined along edges.
- This paper is also available as arXiv:cs.CG/0107023 of the Computing Research Repository (CoRR).
- The paper is 10 pages.
- The paper is available in PostScript (491k) and gzipped PostScript (128k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- VertexUnfolding2 (Vertex-Unfoldings of Simplicial Manifolds)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated June 27, 2019 by