Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine, David Eppstein, Jeff Erickson, George W. Hart, and Joseph O'Rourke, “Vertex-Unfoldings of Simplicial Manifolds”, Technical Report 072, Smith College, October 2001.
We present an algorithm to unfold any triangulated 2-manifold (in
particular, any simplicial polyhedron) into a non-overlapping,
connected planar layout in linear time. The manifold is cut only
along its edges. The resulting layout is connected, but it may have a
disconnected interior; the triangles are connected at vertices, but
not necessarily joined along edges. We extend our algorithm to
establish a similar result for simplicial manifolds of arbitrary
- This paper is also available as arXiv:cs.CG/0110054 of the Computing Research Repository (CoRR).
- The paper is 12 pages.
- The paper is available in PostScript (429k) and gzipped PostScript (112k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- VertexUnfolding_SoCG2002 (Vertex-Unfolding of Simplicial Manifolds)
- VertexUnfolding (Vertex-Unfoldings of Simplicial Polyhedra)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated June 21, 2018 by