Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine, David Eppstein, Jeff Erickson, George W. Hart, and Joseph O'Rourke, “Vertex-Unfolding of Simplicial Manifolds”, in Discrete Geometry: In Honor of W. Kuperberg's 60th Birthday, 2003, pages 215–228, Marcer Dekker Inc..
We present an algorithm to unfold any triangulated 2-manifold (in particular,
any simplicial polyhedron) into a non-overlapping, connected planar layout in
linear time. The manifold is cut only along its edges. The resulting layout
is connected, but it may have a disconnected interior; the triangles are
connected at vertices, but not necessarily joined along edges. We extend our
algorithm to establish a similar result for simplicial manifolds of arbitrary
- The book is searchable on Amazon.
- The paper is 15 pages.
- The paper is available in PostScript (3037k), gzipped PostScript (1692k), and PDF (166k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- VertexUnfolding_SoCG2002 (Vertex-Unfolding of Simplicial Manifolds)
- VertexUnfolding2 (Vertex-Unfoldings of Simplicial Manifolds)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated September 18, 2020 by