Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Greg Aloupis, Sébastien Collette, Mirela Damian, Erik D. Demaine, Robin Flatland, Stefan Langerman, Joseph O'Rourke, Suneeta Ramaswami, Vera Sacristán, and Stefanie Wuhrer, “Linear Reconfiguration of Cube-Style Modular Robots”, in Abstracts from the 12th Encuentros de Geometría Computacional (EGC 2007), June 25–27, 2007, pages 19–34.
In this paper we propose a novel algorithm for both contracting and
expanding cube-style modular robots which reconfigures any given
source robot composed of n atoms into any given target robot with
O(n) basic actions, improving on previous
During reconfiguration, the robot forms one connected component at
all times, and the reconfiguration takes place within the union of
the bounding boxes of the initial and final robot configurations.
The algorithm can be implemented using distributed control and
allowing massive simultaneous parallel moves of the atoms.
- The abstract is available in PDF (176k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- Crystalline_CGTA (Linear Reconfiguration of Cube-Style Modular Robots)
- Crystalline_ISAAC2007 (Linear Reconfiguration of Cube-Style Modular Robots)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated June 14, 2022 by