Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine and Kritkorn Karntikoon, “Unfolding Orthotubes with a Dual Hamiltonian Path”, Thai Journal of Mathematics, to appear.
An orthotube consists of orthogonal boxes (e.g., unit cubes)
glued face-to-face to form a path. In 1998, Biedl et al. showed that every
orthotube has a grid unfolding: a cutting along edges of the
boxes so that the surface unfolds into a connected planar shape without
overlap. We give a new algorithmic grid unfolding of orthotubes with the
additional property that the rectangular faces are attached in a single path
— a Hamiltonian path on the rectangular faces of the orthotube surface.
- The paper is also available as arXiv:2201.12452.
- The paper is available in PDF (4696k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- HamTube_TJCDCGGG2021 (Unfolding Orthotubes with a Dual Hamiltonian Path)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated September 20, 2023 by