Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Joshua Ani, Josh Brunner, Erik D. Demaine, Martin L. Demaine, Dylan Hendrickson, Victor Luo, and Rachana Madhukara, “Orthogonal Fold & Cut”, in Abstracts from the 23rd Thailand-Japan Conference on Discrete and Computational Geometry, Graphs, and Games (TJCDCGGG 2021), September 3–5, 2021, pages 30–31.
We characterize the shapes that can be produced by “Orthogonal Fold
& Cut”: folding a rectangular sheet of paper on vertical and
horizontal creases, and then making a single straight cut. We also solve a
handful of simpler related problems: Orthogonal Fold & Punch,
1-Dimensional Fold & Cut, Signed 1-Dimensional Fold & Cut, and
1-Dimensional Interval Fold & Cut.
- The full paper is available as arXiv:2202.01293.
- The abstract is available in PDF (242k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- OrthoFoldCut_TJM (Orthogonal Fold & Cut)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated September 20, 2023 by