Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine and Martin L. Demaine, “Puzzle Fonts About Puzzles”, in Exchange Book of the 14th Gathering for Gardner (G4G14), Atlanta, Georgia, April 6–10, 2022.
We present five recent puzzle fonts — where reading glyphs in the font
require solving a puzzle — that illustrate five different
puzzles/puzzle games, each with a corresponding mathematical result.
Each font is an open-source interactive web application that lets
the user write messages in the font, and then solve the resulting puzzles
(or send them to a friend to solve), revealing the message.
- The talk is available on YouTube.
- The paper is 19 pages.
- The paper is available in PDF (759k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related webpages:
- Mathematical and Puzzle Fonts/Typefaces
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated September 20, 2023 by