Paper by Erik D. Demaine
- Erik D. Demaine, Dion Harmon, John Iacono, and Mihai Pǎtraşcu, “Dynamic Optimality—Almost”, SIAM Journal on Computing, volume 37, number 1, May 2007, pages 240–251. Special issue of selected papers from the 45th Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science.
We present an O(lg lg n)-competitive online binary
search tree, improving upon the best previous (trivial) competitive ratio of
O(lg n). This is the first major progress on Sleator and
Tarjan's dynamic optimality conjecture of 1985 that O(1)-competitive
binary search trees exist.
- This paper is also available from SIAM.
- There is a typo on page 7, last paragraph: A should be the tree with nodes of smaller depth.
- The paper is 12 pages.
- The paper is available in PostScript (364k), gzipped PostScript (154k), and PDF (206k).
- See information on file formats.
- [Google Scholar search]
- Related papers:
- Tango_FOCS2004 (Dynamic Optimality—Almost)
See also other papers by Erik Demaine.
These pages are generated automagically from a
Last updated November 6, 2023 by